"Sorry, you don't have access to this integration's settings?"
As of SkyStats Lite 0.4.0 and SkyStats Premium 0.3.8, The "Settings Access" setting now also restricts users from being able to setup an integration (Google Analytics, Facebook, etc) or view and change its settings. If you think you should have access or if you need to perform a certain task like change the account, please contact the person who Setup SkyStats or has access to the Settings to give you access or perform any task(s) for you.
1. From your SkyStats Mashboard, click "Setup" on the Twitter integration card.
2. You'll be redirected to Twitter and prompted to 'Authorize' the SkyStats application to allow us to collect and display data for you.
3. Once you've authorized the application, a message will be displayed informing you that you'll be redirected in a few seconds.
4. Once you've been redirected back to your SkyStats Mashboard, data will be loaded and displayed for you within the currently selected date range. Please note: Full historical data is currently not available. We're only able to retrieve a certain amount of data for your account to begin with. We will, however, collect data for your account each day since you first set up the integration, so if you check your stats the following day, and you've had new followers or have followed any new users yourself since then, you'll see those stats the following day.
5. If you'd like to hide or display one or more of the data points below the graph, click the grid icon to the left of the settings icon, at the top right of the Twitter integration card. A popup will appear allowing you to show or hide any of the available data points. Ticked data points are data points which are currently visible. Unticked data points are ones which are currently hidden. Once you're finished, click the grid icon again to close the popup.
6. (Premium only) If you'd like to see data from a different period in time, choose a different start and end date using the datepickers at the top of the page, just below the logo. Once you've selected a new period, click 'Update'. Data for this period will be loaded and displayed for you.
7. If you'd like to switch accounts, please follow the below steps. Please Note: This will remove all historical data that was collected for your account.
7a. Click the settings icon, at the top right of the Twitter integration card. The settings tab will be loaded for you.
7b. Once the settings tab has loaded, you'll see a section called 'Deauthorize'. Click 'Deauthorize'.
7c. You'll be redirected back to your SkyStats Mashboard (or SkyStats Twitter page), and will be able to setup the application again.
7d. Make sure you've logged into the Twitter account you'd like to use before clicking 'Setup'. Sometimes you'll be given the option to login to an account before clicking 'Authorize'.
8. If you'd like to remove all cached data associated with your Twitter account, please follow the below steps. Please note: This will remove all historical data that was collected for your account.
8a. Click the settings icon, at the top right of the Twitter integration card. The settings tab will be loaded for you.
8b. Once the settings tab has loaded, you'll see a section called 'Deauthorize'. Click 'Deauthorize'.
8c. Finally, visit twitter.com and log in to your Twitter account, or if already logged in, skip to the next step.
8d. Visit this link to see the applications your account has authorized: https://twitter.com/settings/applications
8e. Find the 'SkyStats Plugin' application and click 'Revoke Access'.
8f. You've successfully deauthorized and revoked access to the SkyStats plugin. You will still be able to use the SkyStats application any time in the future.